Friday, May 15, 2020

more than i could ask or imagine.




For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my waysdeclares the LORD.
pFor as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts. [Isaiah 55:8-9]

20 iNow to jhim who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think,kaccording to the power at work within us, 21 lto him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generationsforever and everAmen. [Ephesians 3:20-21]


I don't really have a lot to say on this one. Just a follow up on my last post and a small testimony to these two verses.

When COVID-19 struck and shattered all my carefully-laid wedding plans, I didn't think there could be anything better than the way I saw it going in my mind. But I was wrong. God had better, sweeter, more intimate, more special plans for my wedding than I had for myself. 

I wish our friends and family could have been there to celebrate with us. But, quite inexplicably, I really did feel like everyone was actually there as they tuned in on Facebook live. And with such a small, simple ceremony, the day was stress-free and just sweet. The weather was perfect. The lighting was magical. A few family members watched from the top of the horse pasture and friends from foreign lands stayed up until after midnight to support us as we entered into this sacred covenant with God and each other. 

I'm sure I'll need to be reminded of this again and again in my life (and I'm sure I'll sink back into fear and doubt when ambiguity and seeming not-rightness/goodness come barreling through my life again), but God really does know better than I do. His ways are better. And in my wedding and my marriage so far, he has done more than I could ask or imagine.

Also, I'm personally LOVING married life! And to go back to a blog post from last year called "Why Wait?"....Yes: It is exceeding, abundantly, beautifully worth the wait :) 

If you would like to see our wedding (free of the frozen screens of the Facebook Live video :)), here's the recording (in three parts): 






Thanks for celebrating this very special time in our lives with us! We are just joyful and thankful :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment